We discovered that in America there is a National Gardening Exercise Day!
We love anything with the word Gardening in it and we know that ‘Gardening is Good For’ You so we are spreading the word. Depending on how much ‘oomph’ you give it, gardening can give you a really good work out, building muscles, burning calories as well as giving you therapeutic benefits of working outdoors. If you are going for a big session, remember to stretch your muscles first.
Gardening activities that are fantastic for working your muscles and for burning calories include hand weeding, digging, planting, pruning, hoeing, mowing (with a push mower) and raking.
As you are moving around your garden and bending up and down you will be doing a lot with your body, increasing your heart rate. You’ll also find that gardening can be a great stress buster too, take all your frustrations out on a few weeds and enjoy the sound of birdsong and relaxing fragrance from your plants.
- To get the most out of your gardening workout we suggest you
- 1. Warm up (stretch and then start slowly)
- 2. Try to use your hands equally for example when raking of shoveling switch your hands on the handles and the side you are working on every 10 minutes.
- 3. While you garden take deep steady breaths
- 4. When you lift things bend your knees and tuck the load in close to your hips. Lift with your legs not your back.
- 5. Keep hydrated by drinking lots of water.
- 6. Enjoy yourself and do a few more stretches at the end.
- 7. Sit and relax in your garden
So what are you waiting for? Plant some plants, pull those weeds and start gardening today.
Who has tried every sleep medicine known to man Me! I looked at ambien for sale after trying melatonin and having weird nightmares – then realized that Ambien could be the ticket. I slept for 8 hours solid while using Ambien. I want to keep going on Ambien because it works so well.